Assessments: The Metrics of Success
Our teachers regularly gather information to determine the progression of each student’s learning journey.
We keep students on track
Online student assessments align with Indiana College and Career Readiness Standards. Our students stay on track with:
- Weekly sight word assessments and fluency checks for K-2 students
- Assessments 3x/year through Cambium ClearSight, which aligns with ILEARN, the Indiana state assessment
- Comprehensive assessment reports that cover all critical standards so teachers can adjust lessons to meet individual student needs between assessment cycles.
Online assessment tools
- Reading: Amplify Core Knowledge curriculum integrates the Orton Gillingham reading program. The multi-sensory technique reinforces phonics skills. Online Academy teachers are Orton Gillingham-trained.
- English and math: IXL is used for independent practice.
- Assessment prep: Lumos Learning, Edulastic, and Smarter Balanced
- Live teacher-to-student feedback: EdPuzzle, Screencastify, and Nearpod
Frequently Asked Questions
about our online school curriculum
No. We are 100% tuition free. No vouchers needed. You just need to apply. If there is an open "seat", it's yours.
Student success in online school is highest when teachers can interact with — and provide feedback to — students in real time. Online schools differ from virtual schools because online schools have a strong, collaborative component and include frequent assessments to ensure students stay on track. Online schools differ from homeschooling, too. At Paramount Online Academy, your child can work with other students as well as certified and highly-trained teachers in a real-time, flexible schedule that fits your household dynamics.
The flexibility of the class schedule coupled with open communication between students and teachers means every student has the attention they need to progress. Students can also move at their own pace. This ensures online elementary school and online middle school students stay focused and engaged, avoiding the “wasted” time that can sometimes occur in a school day.
Yes. Learn more at Student & Parent Services.
This location does not have an address
Select a location for more information